We are committed to protecting the privacy of our readers and maintaining compliance with the terms and conditions set out in the UK Data Protection Act of 2018. When you visit our website we understand that you are trusting us with the safe management of your personal details. This page explains what information we collect, what we store, how that data is secured what data (if any) is shared with third parties.
This website is operated by Brookend Limited, a UK Limited company (registration number 03932955) operating at 1 Brookend Drive, Barton-le-Clay, Bedfordshire, MK45 4SQ, UK. The company is registered with the UK Information Commissioner's Office, with registration reference Z3593283 (which can be viewed here).
We do not routinely share data with external entities, which includes our customers. Data is only shared with explicit permission, which we will request from you at the time of collection or before sharing. We commit to being 100% clear where data is collected for 3rd party sharing purposes.
What personal information do we collect?
Depending on your interaction with us, the categories of data collected are:
- Contact details
- Personal information (name, email address, residential/work address)
- Login credentials
- Credit card details (only for purchases, details not retained by us)
- Purchase orders of products (downloads)
- Website and email marketing preferences (managed through Mailchimp)
How will the information be collected?
Data is collected through our website and through 3rd party services we use to deliver our services. This includes Mailchimp and WooCommerce plugins for Wordpress.
How will this information be used?
We collect data for the following reasons:
- Consent - agreement from you (or not) to receive marketing emails.
- Contractual obligations (records of products purchased)
- Legal obligations (including the requirement for tax reporting)
- Service and product improvement.
How will data be stored?
We retain information on encrypted format within a traditional relational database. This information is secured with automated backups taken at least daily. Strong password policies are used on all accounts, which are personal and not shared. Two-factor authentication is required for all administrator and operational staff accounts.
The right to object or withdrawal of consent
Your consent to our usage of your data can be withdrawn at any time. To do this, you must email us at [email protected].
Under UK data protection laws users have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the processing of personal information;
- The right to have personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
- The right to object to processing of personal information;
- The right to restrict processing of personal information;
- The right to have personal information erased;
- The right to request access to personal information and how it’s processed;
- The right to move, copy or transfer personal information; and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects the user.
The above rights cannot be exercised in all circumstances and therefore not all requests will be approved by us. Any responses received will outline which rights apply (or don’t) and whether we will comply with the request or not and the reasons why.
Information regarding international data transfer
When information is to be transferred outside the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) then we will contact you via email to explain why data is being shared.
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your browser by our site. It helps us remember information about your visit, which can help and improve your experience of our website/app.
We use them to analyse website traffic, enable features, personalised content, purchases and order information.
The data collected by our cookies includes/does not include personally identifiable data.
Changes to the notice/policy
We reserve the right to make changes to this notice/template at any time to reflect updates to the law or changes to our data collection and security practices. We recommend that you review it regularly for your own knowledge and benefit.